Kansas City District Summer Camp 2014
This year the KCD NYI is again running its own camp! We will enjoy a great week of camp at Sky Ranch Cave Springs in northeastern Oklahoma, July 7-11, 2014. The total cost for College Church students is $250. Registration and payments must be completed by June 1. After June 1, the total cost of camp increases to $300. Once again, initial camp registration must be completed online. Look below for the link to register for camp.
The initial $50 camp deposit and registration must be paid and completed online at the Kansas City District website by June 1. The balance due must then be paid to College Church by June 1. To register and pay your $50 deposit, go to www.kcdistrict.org/youthcamp. Once you complete the initial registration and pay the $50 deposit online, you will need to pay the rest of your balance due to College Church by June 1. After your initial $50 deposit is paid online, all checks need to be made payable to College Church. The $250 cost for College Church students is $15 more than the district's cost due to transportation costs and adult sponsor fees. All College Church students of The 11 must have a College Church The 11 Medical and Travel Release Form on file with the Student Ministries Office in order to ride on College Church vehicles to camp. Students are guaranteed a ride to and from camp with College Church only after they have registered and paid their deposit online, paid their remaining balance due to College Church by June 1, and have a current College Church The 11 Medical and Travel Release Form on file with the Student Ministries Office.
Students in grades 7-12 during Spring 2014 are eligible to attend this camp.
College Church camp vehicles will leave from north CFLC on Monday morning, July 7. We'll return to the church on Friday, July 11. Exact times will be announced as the dates approach.
PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT - This document is from the campground where camp will be held. It must be signed by each camp participant and his/her parent. Please submit this completed participant agreement to the College Church Student Ministries Office by June 1. Campers will not be allowed on the College Church vehicles without first submitting this completed participant agreement.
You can read the KC District's Camp Information Letter by clicking here. The KC District Camp registration deadline is June 1, 2014. After that date, the cost increases by $50, and there may not be a spot available on the College Church vehicles for transportation to and from camp.
Here is a step-by-step breakdown of how to register for KC District Youth Camp 2014:
1. Go to www.kcdistrict.org/youthcamp.
2. Complete the registration online by June 1 and pay your $50 deposit by June 1 to get the lowest price. If you are registering more than one child in your family, you will need to register each child individually, and you may have to create a different profile or use a different email address for each child.
3. Complete an online Kansas City District Medical Waiver for every camp participant. Go to https://www.smartwaiver.com/w/50d846585138f/web/ to complete the online waiver. This Waiver is required of every camp participant.
4. Be sure that the camp participant has a completed and current College Church The 11 Medical and Travel Release Form on file with the Student Ministries Office.
5. Pay your remaining balance due to College Church by June 1 in order to guarantee transportation to and from camp with College Church. Make all checks payable to College Church.
6. Complete and turn in a district camp "Participant Agreement" form to the Student Ministries Office by June 1.
7. Review the KC District Camp Information Letter and be at north CFLC on Monday morning, July 7.
The KC District offers a limited number of $60 scholarships for those that meet the requirements. This scholarship is first-come, first-served. In order to be eligible for this scholarship, students must already be registered for camp and have their $50 deposit paid. Students must submit a KC District Camp Scholarship Application by April 1, 2014. If the student is awarded the $60 scholarship, the student's balance due to College Church by June 1 will be reduced by $60.
The KC District NYI is also offering two scholarships worth $235 each. To be eligible for the scholarship, the student must create a YouTube video detailing why he/she needs the camp scholarship. For all the details, read the KC District Camp Information Letter and visit the KCD NYI camp page at www.kcdnyi.org/#/events/camp. The deadline to submit the scholarship video is March 1, 2014.
All College Church scholarship requests must be submitted by May 1, 2014. In order to be considered for a College Church scholarship, the student must already be registered for camp, must have already paid the $50 camp deposit, and must have already submitted a KC District Camp Scholarship Application by April 1, 2014.
Students will need to eat lunch on the road on Monday, July 7 and on Friday, July 11. Lunch on these two days is not covered in the camp cost. On Monday, July 7, students will either need to bring money to buy lunch on the road or a sack lunch to eat while on the ride to camp. On Friday, July 11, students will either need to bring money to buy lunch on the road or they will need to wait to eat until they get back to their home in Olathe around mid-afternoon.
As in the past, there will be optional recreation activities available the week of camp for an additional cost (there will be plenty to do for free as well!). These activities must be paid for in cash at the time of the activity at camp. Here are those activities with additional costs:
• $6 Activities: Zipline, Skeet Shooting
• $11 Activities: Laser Tag
• $16 Activities: Horse Rides, Paintball
If you have any questions regarding the KC District Camp 2014, please do not hesitate to contact Chris Wieczorek in the College Church Student Ministries Office at (913) 489-6213 or firstname.lastname@example.org.